Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Let's Talk

The incredible diversity of India with 22 official languages, numerous religions, more than 4,000 castes works because of discourse.  People argue, share, disagree, socialize . . . much of the time.

According to German sociologist Georg Simmel, conflict contributes to order, stability, and equilibrium in a society.

So with that in mind, let me share two things I read today:

A poster about the Charlie Hebdo attack:


And an opinion piece in The Hindu (click it, it's a link):


Want to contribute to the conflict?  Hit "Comment" and hit it!


1 comment:

  1. What surprised you?
    -What surprised me was to find out that India has a total of over 22 official languages that they speak I thought there was less than that.

    What are you reminded of in your own experience with this entry?
    -From this experience, I am reminded of in my own experience that in the town that I live in (Fort Morgan) is very diverse with languages and religions just like India is.

    What would you like to know more about?
    -I would like to know more about what more things German sociologist Georg Simmel discovered about conflict.


    ReplyDelete